Asheville’s luxury condo market is on the rise, and it’s worth taking a look at some of the most expensive buildings. Virtual tours offer a convenient way to explore these high-end properties from the comfort of your own home.
See Asheville’s top luxury condo buildings: from affluent Arras high rise to exclusive 17 N Market.
The Arras Condo Building is located within heart of Downtown Asheville and is one of the most exclusive condo buildings in the area. The Arras features premier living, fabulous views, and accessibility.
Arras Condos are sought-after due to their:
DOWNTOWN LOCATION: The Arras is located smack dab in the middle of Asheville’s Central Business District, or Downtown Asheville. The building spans one block and stands 19 stories high. The Arras is a mixed-use building, including STR, a hotel, and a few restaurants and a bar.
MODERN AMENITIES: The Arras includes open floor plans, 10’ ceilings, energy efficient gas and electric stainless steel appliances, custom designed walk-in closets, washer and dryer in units, LED lighting fixtures and climate controlled storage units.
PROXIMITY TO RETAIL AND ENTERTAINMENT: Retail and entertainment venues, including dozens of 4-star restaurants and Gallerias, are only a short walk away. Multiple restaurants, boutiques, bars, and lounges line Lexington and Broadway. Residents can also take a short drive to West Asheville or North Asheville for more options.
Arras condo real estate includes deed restrictions and certain vistas and floors command a premium. The Arras Condos are among some of the most exclusive and most expensive condos in Asheville.
60 N Market sits at the northernmost tip of the Central Business District in Downtown Asheville adjacent to the Thomas Wolfe Memorial and Renaissance Hotel. The building includes 66 units built in 2008.
60 N Market offers:
DEEDED PARKING: The deed-restrictions in the building include deeded parking, as opposed to open parking or no parking availability at all – a major perk unique to a handful of condo buildings in the Downtown Asheville area.
ACCESSIBILITY: It is a short walk to an amazing selection of cafes & restaurants, art galleries, live theatres and unique shops, all located in Downtown Asheville
OUTDOOR AMENITIES: The sophisticated fifth-floor clubroom with roof-top terrace, garden, and adjacent Fitness Center are great amenities for residents along with reserved underground parking.
Some units in 60 N Market can be tricky to sell due – notably some “1 bedroom” units which live more as studio apartments due to a half wall in the bedroom exposing partially to the kitchen area.
55 South Market is a luxury condo building in the heart of downtown Asheville. The community features a long list of amenities including a social lounge, outdoor kitchen and grilling station, and more. Only a moments walk to Asheville’s local restaurants, breweries, shops, and galleries you are in the center of the city while also able to enjoy the mountains that surround you.
55 South Market Street Condos offer:
- BUILDING AMENITIES: 55 South Market boasts building amenities that include on-site parking, a resident elevator, trash chutes, and controlled building access.
- MOUNTAIN VIEWS: Higher floors in the building (where no STRs are allow) include units with mountain views.
- CONVENIENT LOCATION: 55 South Market is located in the heart of Asheville, right in the city’s downtown area. The complex finds itself in a quiet area being just off the main road, but the prime location means you’ll be in close proximity to the best Asheville has to offer.
55 South Market, according to residents, are a quiet place to live, with a large percentage of the units being used for secondary residences and vacation homes.
12 S Lexington Condos are well designed contemporary condos in the heart of Downtown Asheville.
12 S Lexington Condos offer:
- NO SHORT TERM RENTALS: Short term rentals are not allowed in these condos. The condo association also has a rule in place mandating that no more than 20% of the units may be rented at any time.
- BUILDING AMENITIES: The building features many luxury amenities, including deeded parking, secure keyless entry, a rooftop terrace, a gated, private courtyard, pet-friendly, fenced-in community green just for residents and their pets.
- OUTDOOR LIVING: Each condo showcases a spacious balcony for admiring the views of the city and mountains.
12 S Lexington Condos have a modern and industrial feel and are tucked away just off the main drag in Downtown Asheville. If you’re looking to be close to it all but just out of ear-shot, Lexington Condos are where you want to be.
17 N Market Street is an exciting condo retro-fit project that fully sold out in 2021. 17 North Market Street is a small building with 14 high-end condos.
17 N Market Street Condos offer:
- RETROFITTED BUILDING: Reclaimed brick walls, reclaimed hardwood floors, and luxury finishes abound in this one of a kind building walking distance to award-winning restaurants, arts, and shopping.
- DEEDED PARKING: Only 7 have deeded, covered parking in the basement which means no searching for street parking (this is unlike a select few other downtown condo buildings like the Kress Building which have no parking).
- OUTDOOR AMENITIES: 17 N Market includes a rooftop balcony with 270-degree views of the Downtown Asheville area. The Balcony area includes a fire pit as well as a small enclosed lounge space for intimate gatherings.
The 4-story building has 14 units in the form of two-, three- and four-bedroom units ranging in size from 1,005 square feet to 2,712 square feet.
The Fitzgerald Condos are a contemporary collection of 26 luxury condominiums located next to the Omni Grove Park Inn.
Fitzgerald Condos offer:
- Exclusivity: The contemporary condo buildings at 588 Macon Ave features 24 units in 6 exclusive mid-rise towers.
- On-Site Golf Course: Residents of The Fitzgerald have year-round access to the Park Grove Country Club golf course which rests in front of the condominiums.
- Location: Just moments from Asheville’s vibrant downtown dining, shopping, entertainment, and nightlife venues, the Fitzgerald offers residents the opportunity to explore everything that the city has to offer Located on the Grove Park Country Club, the condo towers are minutes away by car from the Blue Ridge Parkway, the River Arts District, and the historic main street of the Biltmore Village for relaxing day trips.
These warm, spacious condos are timelessly designed and range between 1,969 to 2,766 square feet with a timeless yet modern feel.
The Bottom Line
There are many ways to live in luxury in Asheville, and some of the most expensive condo buildings are located in Downtown Asheville. If you’re considering these or other luxury project in the Downtown Asheville area, check out our condo buyers guide.